US: Gates named Under Armour CIO
Performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand Under Armour has appointed Chris Gates as its new chief information officer.
In this role, Gates will be responsible for developing the company's global IT operations. He most recently served as CIO at US-based conglomerate General Electric.
In October, Under Armour raised its full-year earnings outlook after reporting a 27% increase in third-quarter profit and 26% jump in revenue, driven by innovations.
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- Natural plant dyed eco-friendly cellulosic yarns
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel