AUSTRALIA: Gazal sells European Mambo rights to Blacks Leisure
Gazal Corporation, one of the largest branded apparel companies in Australia, is selling the European rights for its Mambo surfwear brand to outdoor clothing retailer Blacks Leisure Plc in a deal worth GBP1m (US$2m).
UK company Blacks operates through four fascias - Blacks, Millets, Freespirit and O'Neill - and already holds the UK and European license for Mambo under a five-year agreement signed in August 2006.
Gazal said it is still in negotiations over the Mambo trademarks in Australia and other international markets excluding Europe.
Sydney based Gazal bought Mambo in 2000 and has struggled to build it into a global brand.
The company, which supplies surf and casualwear, men's business shirts, intimate apparel and schoolwear under brand names including Nautica, Kenneth Cole, Van Heusen, Calvin Klein, Lovable, Kookai, and Body Nancy Ganz announced plans for a strategic review of Mambo in May.
Branded apparel maker VF Corp is to exit its Nautica women's wholesale sportswear business amid continuing difficulties in the US retail environment....
Outdoor clothing firm Blacks Leisure has identified a GBP2m (US$4.04m) deficit in the reported performance of its Sandcity boardwear subsidiary over the last two financial years years, leading to a re...
Vietnamese manufacturer Sai Gon Garment Joint Stock Company (GMC) managed to increase full-year profits despite a 19.9% downturn in the fourth quarter, to VND4.5bn (US$281,000)....
Apparel brand Nautica has launched its e-commerce site, Nautica.com, which began selling to consumers in the US yesterday (12 February)....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack