AUSTRALIA: Gazal Wins Rights To CK Underwear
Gazal's main trading entity, Gazal Apparel Pty Ltd, will acquire the Davenport Business on December 1.
The business includes Davenport's namesake underwear range, Nancy Ganz Bodyslimmers and the CK men's and women's underwear lines.
It also holds licensing agreements for Morissey men's underwear and women's lingerie, and Playboy underwear, as well as a number of animated character and promotional licenses.
"The acquisition is a deliberate strategic move to increase the size and scale of our intimate apparel business, which is one of the group's core product category competencies," Gazal managing director Michael Gazal said.
"Adding (Davenport) to our business means we get to add great brands to our portfolio, namely Davenport, a leader in the boxer short and men's underwear categories and Calvin Klein, a mega brand in the global apparel marketplace."
As part of its purchase, Gazal will also acquire Davenport's six factory outlet stores across Australia, which trade under the Brands United Pty Ltd name.
Companies: Calvin Klein Inc
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Cash and carry chain Makro has been prosecuted for selling counterfeit Calvin Klein-branded jeans, despite an earlier out-of-court settlement with the Calvin Klein company....
Luxury label Calvin Klein is set to sign English football star David Beckham as an underwear model in a deal worth £1m, according to industry sources....
New York-based apparel company Warnaco Group has completed the acquisition of Phillips-Van Heusen's Calvin Klein subsidiary businesses in Europe and Asia....
Leading apparel maker Warnaco is to buy the companies that operate the licenses and related wholesale and retail businesses of Calvin Klein jeans and accessories in Europe and Asia for EUR240m (US$286...
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020