GERMANY: GDS Improves Fashion Profile
The 90th GDS show, which closed yesterday in Düsseldorf, attracted 1,911 exhibitors from 50 countries to the 90,724 sq m exhibition area, a slight increase on last Autumn's show.Italy took up more space than usual, with 613 exhibitors attending GDS, while Turkish attendees almost doubled this year. Ecuador, Vietnam, Cyprus and United Arab Emirates representatives also took part in the show.Exclusive designers exhibited alongside less stylish companies, with Patrick Cox and Armando Pollini being among the big names.High-fashion segments have become more popular at GDS over the years, Ute Windhausen, GDS' project director, said in his opening speech last week, and luxury lifestyle-oriented collections such as Strenesse, Joop, Toni Gard, and Samsonite, are among the fastest growing sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar