GERMANY: GDS Improves Fashion Profile
The 90th GDS show, which closed yesterday in Düsseldorf, attracted 1,911 exhibitors from 50 countries to the 90,724 sq m exhibition area, a slight increase on last Autumn's show.Italy took up more space than usual, with 613 exhibitors attending GDS, while Turkish attendees almost doubled this year. Ecuador, Vietnam, Cyprus and United Arab Emirates representatives also took part in the show.Exclusive designers exhibited alongside less stylish companies, with Patrick Cox and Armando Pollini being among the big names.High-fashion segments have become more popular at GDS over the years, Ute Windhausen, GDS' project director, said in his opening speech last week, and luxury lifestyle-oriented collections such as Strenesse, Joop, Toni Gard, and Samsonite, are among the fastest growing sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective