GERMANY: GDS Improves Fashion Profile
The 90th GDS show, which closed yesterday in Düsseldorf, attracted 1,911 exhibitors from 50 countries to the 90,724 sq m exhibition area, a slight increase on last Autumn's show.Italy took up more space than usual, with 613 exhibitors attending GDS, while Turkish attendees almost doubled this year. Ecuador, Vietnam, Cyprus and United Arab Emirates representatives also took part in the show.Exclusive designers exhibited alongside less stylish companies, with Patrick Cox and Armando Pollini being among the big names.High-fashion segments have become more popular at GDS over the years, Ute Windhausen, GDS' project director, said in his opening speech last week, and luxury lifestyle-oriented collections such as Strenesse, Joop, Toni Gard, and Samsonite, are among the fastest growing sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022