GERMANY: GDS Improves Fashion Profile
The 90th GDS show, which closed yesterday in Düsseldorf, attracted 1,911 exhibitors from 50 countries to the 90,724 sq m exhibition area, a slight increase on last Autumn's show.Italy took up more space than usual, with 613 exhibitors attending GDS, while Turkish attendees almost doubled this year. Ecuador, Vietnam, Cyprus and United Arab Emirates representatives also took part in the show.Exclusive designers exhibited alongside less stylish companies, with Patrick Cox and Armando Pollini being among the big names.High-fashion segments have become more popular at GDS over the years, Ute Windhausen, GDS' project director, said in his opening speech last week, and luxury lifestyle-oriented collections such as Strenesse, Joop, Toni Gard, and Samsonite, are among the fastest growing sectors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020