GERMANY: GDS Sees Return Of Retro
Footwear fashions for next summer will be bright, light and luxurious. Shoes, like clothes, are taking a look back in time and offering a fast action replay of the last hundred years. Inspirations range from the smart, neat 50s to the opulent 80s. While there's a nod and a wink to 20s dandyism, the main feature is a creative update on the 40s and 70s, when platform soles reigned supreme.The golden 20s are revisited with classy sports shoes and classic lace-ups shaped on thoroughbred Balmoral, 'Norweger' and 'Budapest' lines. Also back in the spotlight is the 40s peep-toe D'Orsay pump (closed heel and tread, open instep), featuring a slightly raised sole, high straight or gently curved heel and ankle strap or stylish cut-out for added impact.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar