GERMANY: GDS Sees Return Of Retro
Footwear fashions for next summer will be bright, light and luxurious. Shoes, like clothes, are taking a look back in time and offering a fast action replay of the last hundred years. Inspirations range from the smart, neat 50s to the opulent 80s. While there's a nod and a wink to 20s dandyism, the main feature is a creative update on the 40s and 70s, when platform soles reigned supreme.The golden 20s are revisited with classy sports shoes and classic lace-ups shaped on thoroughbred Balmoral, 'Norweger' and 'Budapest' lines. Also back in the spotlight is the 40s peep-toe D'Orsay pump (closed heel and tread, open instep), featuring a slightly raised sole, high straight or gently curved heel and ankle strap or stylish cut-out for added impact.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack