GERMANY: GDS Sees Return Of Retro
Footwear fashions for next summer will be bright, light and luxurious. Shoes, like clothes, are taking a look back in time and offering a fast action replay of the last hundred years. Inspirations range from the smart, neat 50s to the opulent 80s. While there's a nod and a wink to 20s dandyism, the main feature is a creative update on the 40s and 70s, when platform soles reigned supreme.The golden 20s are revisited with classy sports shoes and classic lace-ups shaped on thoroughbred Balmoral, 'Norweger' and 'Budapest' lines. Also back in the spotlight is the 40s peep-toe D'Orsay pump (closed heel and tread, open instep), featuring a slightly raised sole, high straight or gently curved heel and ankle strap or stylish cut-out for added impact.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022