UK: Geac Style Takes Clothes To The Web In Minutes
Geac Style will next month roll out a series of e-commerce seminars for the UK apparel industry, to tackle the hype and educate on the reality of e-business. Following the success of similar seminars in the Nordics, Geac Style aims to discuss the benefits e-commerce can bring to businesses. The seminars will also host demonstrations showing how you can take your collection to the web in minutes, rather than weeks, and advise on how to take advantage of e-commerce rather than be baffled by it. Failure to integrate e-commerce with core processes will eventually drive costs up. As fashion evolves more and more quickly, the speed at which a collection can be taken to the web is paramount to its success. With over 600 customers in the apparel industry, Geac Style has developed its e-commerce offering with IBM to create a simplified one-stop solution that works in line with the specific requirements of the clothing business. As well as the live presentation of business to business technology, there will be speakers from IBM talking about the strategic alliance between Geac Style and IBM.Also presenting will be Christian Gabe, IT Manager at Danish fashion house, Carli Gry, which is responsible for brands such as Jackpot, Cottonfield and Peak Performance. He will discuss the reasons behind Carli Gry's decision to invest in business to business e-commerce and improve its service to 3500 customers throughout the world. The seminars will take place on 18th October in Manchester and 19th October in London, and will then be rolled out throughout Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report