SLOVAKIA: Gemtex Reports Loss But Hopeful For 2001
Gemtex, German producers of underwear and home clothing, has posted a Sk2m ($433,332) loss for the year 2000. However, the company, owned by textilers Schiesser, remained confident that it would be able to report a Sk1.5m ($32,499) profit for the year 2001. Although posting a loss for the year, the company increased its output by 1.9 million articles of clothing to 6.4 million articles over the year and increased sales from Sk106m ($2.3m) in 1999 to Sk131m ($2.8m) for 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands