USA: Genencor Acquires Denim Stonewashing License For Europe
Genencor International, Inc announced today it has acquired an exclusive license to Ecolab Inc's Stone-Eze patents for use throughout Europe. The patents broadly cover processes for producing a stone-washed effect in denim or other cellulosic fabrics using cellulase. Genencor's patent exclusivity means its cellulase enzymes are the only products licensed for use throughout Europe in the stonewashing process for denim and other cellulosic fabrics. Genencor IndiAge and Primafast cellulase enzymes and enzyme compositions, used to create a stone-washed appearance to cellulosic fabrics or garments, are covered under the agreement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth