USA: Genencor Acquires Denim Stonewashing License For Europe
Genencor International, Inc announced today it has acquired an exclusive license to Ecolab Inc's Stone-Eze patents for use throughout Europe. The patents broadly cover processes for producing a stone-washed effect in denim or other cellulosic fabrics using cellulase. Genencor's patent exclusivity means its cellulase enzymes are the only products licensed for use throughout Europe in the stonewashing process for denim and other cellulosic fabrics. Genencor IndiAge and Primafast cellulase enzymes and enzyme compositions, used to create a stone-washed appearance to cellulosic fabrics or garments, are covered under the agreement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective