USA: Genesco Announces Plans for Journeys Kidz
Genesco Inc today announced plans to initiate a test of a new concept targeting the "tween" customer, ages five to 12, opening up to four stores during the first quarter of next fiscal year.The concept, named "Journeys Kidz," is an offshoot of the company's successful Journeys chain of more than 400 stores aimed at teen and young adult customers. "Journeys Kidz is a natural extension of the Journeys brand," said Ben T. Harris, chairman and chief executive officer of Genesco. Branded footwear and accessories will be offered in an environment reminiscent of Journeys, but fine-tuned for the target customer. Skechers, Vans, Timberland, Dr. Martens, Stevies, Candie's and others are expected to be part of the product mix offered at Journeys Kidz."Journeys remains perhaps the clearest example in our industry of what happens when you understand your customers' lifestyle and offer them the right shoes in the right environment for that lifestyle," Harris continued. "We've seen the power of that insight in all Genesco's businesses and we believe it will draw the "tween" customer as well."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar