USA: Genesco Announces Plans for Journeys Kidz
Genesco Inc today announced plans to initiate a test of a new concept targeting the "tween" customer, ages five to 12, opening up to four stores during the first quarter of next fiscal year.The concept, named "Journeys Kidz," is an offshoot of the company's successful Journeys chain of more than 400 stores aimed at teen and young adult customers. "Journeys Kidz is a natural extension of the Journeys brand," said Ben T. Harris, chairman and chief executive officer of Genesco. Branded footwear and accessories will be offered in an environment reminiscent of Journeys, but fine-tuned for the target customer. Skechers, Vans, Timberland, Dr. Martens, Stevies, Candie's and others are expected to be part of the product mix offered at Journeys Kidz."Journeys remains perhaps the clearest example in our industry of what happens when you understand your customers' lifestyle and offer them the right shoes in the right environment for that lifestyle," Harris continued. "We've seen the power of that insight in all Genesco's businesses and we believe it will draw the "tween" customer as well."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective