USA: Genesco Announces Plans for Journeys Kidz
Genesco Inc today announced plans to initiate a test of a new concept targeting the "tween" customer, ages five to 12, opening up to four stores during the first quarter of next fiscal year.The concept, named "Journeys Kidz," is an offshoot of the company's successful Journeys chain of more than 400 stores aimed at teen and young adult customers. "Journeys Kidz is a natural extension of the Journeys brand," said Ben T. Harris, chairman and chief executive officer of Genesco. Branded footwear and accessories will be offered in an environment reminiscent of Journeys, but fine-tuned for the target customer. Skechers, Vans, Timberland, Dr. Martens, Stevies, Candie's and others are expected to be part of the product mix offered at Journeys Kidz."Journeys remains perhaps the clearest example in our industry of what happens when you understand your customers' lifestyle and offer them the right shoes in the right environment for that lifestyle," Harris continued. "We've seen the power of that insight in all Genesco's businesses and we believe it will draw the "tween" customer as well."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022