USA: Genesco Announces Plans for Journeys Kidz
Genesco Inc today announced plans to initiate a test of a new concept targeting the "tween" customer, ages five to 12, opening up to four stores during the first quarter of next fiscal year.The concept, named "Journeys Kidz," is an offshoot of the company's successful Journeys chain of more than 400 stores aimed at teen and young adult customers. "Journeys Kidz is a natural extension of the Journeys brand," said Ben T. Harris, chairman and chief executive officer of Genesco. Branded footwear and accessories will be offered in an environment reminiscent of Journeys, but fine-tuned for the target customer. Skechers, Vans, Timberland, Dr. Martens, Stevies, Candie's and others are expected to be part of the product mix offered at Journeys Kidz."Journeys remains perhaps the clearest example in our industry of what happens when you understand your customers' lifestyle and offer them the right shoes in the right environment for that lifestyle," Harris continued. "We've seen the power of that insight in all Genesco's businesses and we believe it will draw the "tween" customer as well."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar