USA: Genesco Goes Live With Essentus Supply Chain Solution
Essentus International today announced that Genesco, a leading retailer and wholesaler of branded footwear, has implemented the Essentus Merchandising system in a fourth division and completed the deployment of its new inventory and information management system.With this implementation, all divisions of Genesco are now live with the Essentus supply chain solution.The fourth and final division of Genesco to deploy Essentus Merchandising is Johnston & Murphy, a retailer of men's footwear. Johnston & Murphy joins the Jarman, Underground Station, and Journeys divisions of Genesco in implementing the Essentus supply chain solution. The final implementation completes a long-term project to migrate Genesco's previous system to an IBM RS/6000 S80 platform running an Oracle database on a Unix and Windows NT client/server network. The Merchandising system is integrated with software from PeopleSoft, STR, Commander and Cognos, which make use of the Oracle database. "Genesco had been using a home-grown legacy system for its merchandising back office applications," said Dennis Harris, vice president of information services at Genesco. "We now have more than 700 stores over all of our divisions, and we needed a flexible and scalable merchandising system to support us as we continue to grow." With the Essentus system in place, all of Genesco's stores are able to improve the efficiency of their operations. "Essentus offered a best-of-breed solution that meets Genesco's needs and integrates well with their financial system," said Chris Fang, manager of merchandising consulting at Essentus. "Now that Genesco is online in all of its divisions with the Essentus retail solution, it can expect a better distribution of their inventory from warehouse to store."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report