USA: Genesco Names Jonathan Caplan Branded Group CEO
The Tennessee-based firm, whose shoes are sold in more than 960 retail stores under the names Journeys, Journeys Kidz, Johnston & Murphy, Jarman and Underground Station, said Caplan was most recently president and CEO of Hi-Tec Sports North America.
Genesco president and CEO, Hal Pennington, said: "I am pleased to welcome Jon Caplan back to Genesco, where he began a distinguished career in the footwear industry.
"In the more than six years he led our Laredo-Code West division, he tripled its revenues and made it our most profitable division.
"Both in his time here and in subsequent senior management positions in our industry, he has earned a reputation for improving performance by implementing a keen strategic vision, improving operational disciplines and building and motivating strong teams."
Companies: Levi Strauss & Co
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nitches has entered a licensing partnership with the Levi Strauss & Co brand Dockers for men's swimwear, graphic t-shirts and casual knit tops. ...
Casual clothing brand Dockers is soon to launch onto the Argentine market, Latin America News Digest reported....
Schoeller Technologies AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG are to undertake a joint branding, sales and marketing programme to promote the 3XDRY 'Feelgood' finishing technology....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has appointed Robert Skinner Jr as its chief executive officer in addition to his current position of president and director....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
Footwear retailer Genesco Inc said first-quarter results "significantly exceeded plan", driven by better-than-expected performances at Journeys, Hat World, Underground Station and Johnston & Murphy....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has named Michael Saunders as its chief information officer....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022