USA: Genesco Q1 Net Sales Jump To $226m
The Tennessee-based company, which sells its products through more than 1500 retail outlets throughout the United States, also reported a six per cent increase in same-store sales for the quarter.
"Our strong performance during the quarter was primarily driven by better-than-expected results at Journeys and Hat World," CEO Hal Pennington said.
"Johnston & Murphy also outperformed our plan and we continue to be encouraged about the ongoing improvement at Dockers.
"We are pleased with current trends and the positive momentum these results reflect."
Genesco's highest same-store sales gain was at the recently acquired Hat World chain, where sales at stores open at least a year rose 23 per cent.
Companies: Levi Strauss & Co
Nitches has entered a licensing partnership with the Levi Strauss & Co brand Dockers for men's swimwear, graphic t-shirts and casual knit tops. ...
Casual clothing brand Dockers is soon to launch onto the Argentine market, Latin America News Digest reported....
Schoeller Technologies AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG are to undertake a joint branding, sales and marketing programme to promote the 3XDRY 'Feelgood' finishing technology....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has appointed Robert Skinner Jr as its chief executive officer in addition to his current position of president and director....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
Footwear retailer Genesco Inc said first-quarter results "significantly exceeded plan", driven by better-than-expected performances at Journeys, Hat World, Underground Station and Johnston & Murphy....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has named Michael Saunders as its chief information officer....
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores