USA: Genesco Q1 Sales Jump 11 Per Cent
Shoe and apparel firm Genesco Inc on Wednesday posted flat first quarter earnings of $8.2 million but said net sales jumped 11 per cent to $190.6m compared with the year-ago period and same-stores climbed two per cent. The Tennessee-based company, which sells its products in more than 900 stores, said in a statement that "very strong results in the Jarman Group more than offset slower than planned comparable sales growth at Journeys, while Johnston & Murphy and Dockers Footwear performed up to our expectations, giving us a solid quarter overall".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022