USA: Genesco Q1 Sales Jump 11 Per Cent
Shoe and apparel firm Genesco Inc on Wednesday posted flat first quarter earnings of $8.2 million but said net sales jumped 11 per cent to $190.6m compared with the year-ago period and same-stores climbed two per cent. The Tennessee-based company, which sells its products in more than 900 stores, said in a statement that "very strong results in the Jarman Group more than offset slower than planned comparable sales growth at Journeys, while Johnston & Murphy and Dockers Footwear performed up to our expectations, giving us a solid quarter overall".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores