US: Genesco raises full-year outlook on Q3 profit rise
- Q3 profit jumped 56.7% to $40.9m
- Sales rose 7.8% to $664.5m
- Comparable store sales up 4%
Apparel group Genesco has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 56.7% increase in third-quarter net profit.
Net earnings reached US$40.9m for the quarter to 27 October, from $26.1m the same period last year.
Sales rose 7.8% to $664.5m, compared to $616.5m the prior year. Comparable store sales climbed 4% with the Journeys Group, the Schuh Group and Johnston & Murphy Group posting gains of 8%, 9% and 6% respectively. However, comparable store sales were down 5% at Lids Sports Group.
Chairman, president and CEO Robert Dennis said: "Our third quarter results were highlighted by strong earnings growth as we were able to meaningfully leverage expenses on a mid single digit comparable store sales gain.
"The fourth quarter got off to a slow start with November comparable store sales down 4% compared with a 12% increase in November last year. We estimate that Hurricane Sandy reduced November comparable store sales by approximately 1% to 2%. For the long Thanksgiving weekend, US comparable store sales increased by low single digits."
The company expects full-year adjusted diluted earnings per share to range from $5.00 to $5.08, compared to earlier guidance of between $4.88 to $5.00.
A deferred payment and impairment charges have contributed to an 11% drop in first quarter profit at apparel and footwear retailer Genesco Inc....
Apparel and footwear retailer Genesco plans to withdraw its listing on the Chicago Stock Exchange as part of efforts to streamline its operations and cut costs....
Nashville-based apparel and footwear retailer Genesco has seen its fourth-quarter profit decline on the back of one-off costs, and says it remains cautious in its outlook....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019