US: Genesco raises full-year outlook on Q3 profit rise
- Q3 profit jumped 56.7% to $40.9m
- Sales rose 7.8% to $664.5m
- Comparable store sales up 4%
Apparel group Genesco has raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 56.7% increase in third-quarter net profit.
Net earnings reached US$40.9m for the quarter to 27 October, from $26.1m the same period last year.
Sales rose 7.8% to $664.5m, compared to $616.5m the prior year. Comparable store sales climbed 4% with the Journeys Group, the Schuh Group and Johnston & Murphy Group posting gains of 8%, 9% and 6% respectively. However, comparable store sales were down 5% at Lids Sports Group.
Chairman, president and CEO Robert Dennis said: "Our third quarter results were highlighted by strong earnings growth as we were able to meaningfully leverage expenses on a mid single digit comparable store sales gain.
"The fourth quarter got off to a slow start with November comparable store sales down 4% compared with a 12% increase in November last year. We estimate that Hurricane Sandy reduced November comparable store sales by approximately 1% to 2%. For the long Thanksgiving weekend, US comparable store sales increased by low single digits."
The company expects full-year adjusted diluted earnings per share to range from $5.00 to $5.08, compared to earlier guidance of between $4.88 to $5.00.
A deferred payment and impairment charges have contributed to an 11% drop in first quarter profit at apparel and footwear retailer Genesco Inc....
Apparel and footwear retailer Genesco plans to withdraw its listing on the Chicago Stock Exchange as part of efforts to streamline its operations and cut costs....
Nashville-based apparel and footwear retailer Genesco has seen its fourth-quarter profit decline on the back of one-off costs, and says it remains cautious in its outlook....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024