USA: Genesco Reaffirms Q1 Guidance On 27% Sales Hike
Footwear group Genesco Inc says it is positive about its first-quarter earnings result after sales in the period were reported to have shot up 27 per cent.
First-quarter sales totalled $286 million compared to $226m in the same period last year.
The Journey and Hat World units both saw same-store sales rise 7 per cent, Underground Station Group's same-store sales increased 9 per cent, and Johnston & Murphy reported a same store-sales gain of 3 per cent.
The company is keeping to its first-quarter earnings-per-share guidance guidance of $0.25-$0.26 for the first quarter compared to $0.24 a year ago.
Genesco Inc is a specialty retailer that sells footwear, headwear and accessories in more than 1,600 retail stores in the US and Canada, principally under the names Journeys, Journeys Kidz, Johnston & Murphy, Underground Station, Hatworld, Lids, Hat Zone, Cap Factory, Head Quarters and Cap Connection, as well as online.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective