USA: Genesco Sells Leather Business
Genesco Inc (NYSE: GCO) today announced the completion of the sale of its leather finishing business to S. B. Foot Tanning Company.Genesco announced its agreement to sell the business to the Minnesota-based company in May 2000, noting that the transaction would sharpen its focus on retailing and marketing branded footwear.Genesco, based in Nashville, operates 724 footwear retail stores in the US, principally under the names Journeys, Johnston & Murphy and Jarman. The company also sells footwear at wholesale under its Johnston & Murphy brand and under the licensed Dockers and Nautica brands. Additional information on Genesco and its operating divisions may be accessed at its website
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar