INDIA: Genesis Colors denies brand franchise talks
A spokesperson for Genesis Colors said the company is "not in talks" and the reports were "just speculation".
Indian textile and apparel manufacturer Arvind Group is also rumoured to be in the race to acquire the franchise rights from Planet Retail Holdings, according to the Financial Chronicle.
Meanwhile, Arvind Group said: "It is our corporate policy not to respond to any market speculation."
The report added however, that Indian retailer Reliance Brands, which was also eyeing the three brands previously, is no longer looking to acquire the franchise rights.
The Financial Chronicle also noted that the sale price could be between 1.5-2 times sales, based on the locations of the stores, the lease deals and other agreements.
Planet Retail Holdings did not respond to requests for comment when contacted by just-style.
Retailer Marks & Spencer has reported worse-than-expected Christmas trading figures, with a poor performance in its general merchandise business - which includes clothing and footwear - offsetting str...
US swimwear manufacturer A H Schreiber Company has opted for a PLM/SRM solution offered by UK-based provider DeSL....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019