INDIA: Genesis Colors denies brand franchise talks
A spokesperson for Genesis Colors said the company is "not in talks" and the reports were "just speculation".
Indian textile and apparel manufacturer Arvind Group is also rumoured to be in the race to acquire the franchise rights from Planet Retail Holdings, according to the Financial Chronicle.
Meanwhile, Arvind Group said: "It is our corporate policy not to respond to any market speculation."
The report added however, that Indian retailer Reliance Brands, which was also eyeing the three brands previously, is no longer looking to acquire the franchise rights.
The Financial Chronicle also noted that the sale price could be between 1.5-2 times sales, based on the locations of the stores, the lease deals and other agreements.
Planet Retail Holdings did not respond to requests for comment when contacted by just-style.
Retailer Marks & Spencer has reported worse-than-expected Christmas trading figures, with a poor performance in its general merchandise business - which includes clothing and footwear - offsetting str...
US swimwear manufacturer A H Schreiber Company has opted for a PLM/SRM solution offered by UK-based provider DeSL....
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders