INDIA: Genesis Colors denies brand franchise talks
A spokesperson for Genesis Colors said the company is "not in talks" and the reports were "just speculation".
Indian textile and apparel manufacturer Arvind Group is also rumoured to be in the race to acquire the franchise rights from Planet Retail Holdings, according to the Financial Chronicle.
Meanwhile, Arvind Group said: "It is our corporate policy not to respond to any market speculation."
The report added however, that Indian retailer Reliance Brands, which was also eyeing the three brands previously, is no longer looking to acquire the franchise rights.
The Financial Chronicle also noted that the sale price could be between 1.5-2 times sales, based on the locations of the stores, the lease deals and other agreements.
Planet Retail Holdings did not respond to requests for comment when contacted by just-style.
Retailer Marks & Spencer has reported worse-than-expected Christmas trading figures, with a poor performance in its general merchandise business - which includes clothing and footwear - offsetting str...
US swimwear manufacturer A H Schreiber Company has opted for a PLM/SRM solution offered by UK-based provider DeSL....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead