INDIA: Genesis Colors denies brand franchise talks
A spokesperson for Genesis Colors said the company is "not in talks" and the reports were "just speculation".
Indian textile and apparel manufacturer Arvind Group is also rumoured to be in the race to acquire the franchise rights from Planet Retail Holdings, according to the Financial Chronicle.
Meanwhile, Arvind Group said: "It is our corporate policy not to respond to any market speculation."
The report added however, that Indian retailer Reliance Brands, which was also eyeing the three brands previously, is no longer looking to acquire the franchise rights.
The Financial Chronicle also noted that the sale price could be between 1.5-2 times sales, based on the locations of the stores, the lease deals and other agreements.
Planet Retail Holdings did not respond to requests for comment when contacted by just-style.
Retailer Marks & Spencer has reported worse-than-expected Christmas trading figures, with a poor performance in its general merchandise business - which includes clothing and footwear - offsetting str...
US swimwear manufacturer A H Schreiber Company has opted for a PLM/SRM solution offered by UK-based provider DeSL....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade