INDIA: Genesis Colors denies brand franchise talks
A spokesperson for Genesis Colors said the company is "not in talks" and the reports were "just speculation".
Indian textile and apparel manufacturer Arvind Group is also rumoured to be in the race to acquire the franchise rights from Planet Retail Holdings, according to the Financial Chronicle.
Meanwhile, Arvind Group said: "It is our corporate policy not to respond to any market speculation."
The report added however, that Indian retailer Reliance Brands, which was also eyeing the three brands previously, is no longer looking to acquire the franchise rights.
The Financial Chronicle also noted that the sale price could be between 1.5-2 times sales, based on the locations of the stores, the lease deals and other agreements.
Planet Retail Holdings did not respond to requests for comment when contacted by just-style.
Retailer Marks & Spencer has reported worse-than-expected Christmas trading figures, with a poor performance in its general merchandise business - which includes clothing and footwear - offsetting str...
US swimwear manufacturer A H Schreiber Company has opted for a PLM/SRM solution offered by UK-based provider DeSL....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019