UK: George at Asda in RFID deployment
UK retailer Asda has invested in an RFID software solution to improve inventory visibility at store level for its George apparel merchandise.
The TrueVue Inventory Visibility application from Tyco Retail Solutions will enable Asda to enhance its inventory accuracy and stock availability.
"Our customers trust us to be 'always available' and expect their size option to be in store or online when they want it," said David Mills, head of strategic availability of projects at Asda. "With Tyco's RFID-based application, we hope to enhance our inventory accuracy and stock availability in-store."
UK supermarket brand George at Asda is on a journey to a more sustainable supply chain through its Responsible Retail programme. Lynne Tooms, senior director of quality and sourcing, explains why reta...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape