UK: George at Asda in RFID deployment
UK retailer Asda has invested in an RFID software solution to improve inventory visibility at store level for its George apparel merchandise.
The TrueVue Inventory Visibility application from Tyco Retail Solutions will enable Asda to enhance its inventory accuracy and stock availability.
"Our customers trust us to be 'always available' and expect their size option to be in store or online when they want it," said David Mills, head of strategic availability of projects at Asda. "With Tyco's RFID-based application, we hope to enhance our inventory accuracy and stock availability in-store."
UK supermarket brand George at Asda is on a journey to a more sustainable supply chain through its Responsible Retail programme. Lynne Tooms, senior director of quality and sourcing, explains why reta...
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
The UK retailing industry registered positive growth in 2013 despite the fact that the economic climate in the country remained challenging as consumer spending habits remained under the influence of ...
Introduction Childrenswear in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and......
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Apparel buyers miss out on commodity cost savings
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- China and India to exploit trade relationship
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions