UK: George at Asda in RFID deployment
UK retailer Asda has invested in an RFID software solution to improve inventory visibility at store level for its George apparel merchandise.
The TrueVue Inventory Visibility application from Tyco Retail Solutions will enable Asda to enhance its inventory accuracy and stock availability.
"Our customers trust us to be 'always available' and expect their size option to be in store or online when they want it," said David Mills, head of strategic availability of projects at Asda. "With Tyco's RFID-based application, we hope to enhance our inventory accuracy and stock availability in-store."
UK supermarket brand George at Asda is on a journey to a more sustainable supply chain through its Responsible Retail programme. Lynne Tooms, senior director of quality and sourcing, explains why reta...
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
The UK retailing industry registered positive growth in 2013 despite the fact that the economic climate in the country remained challenging as consumer spending habits remained under the influence of ...
Introduction Childrenswear in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and......
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020