UK: George at Asda launches interactive T-shirts
The range of interactive t-shirts are available for GBP6 at George and online
George at Asda has launched a range of interactive T-shirts, which it claims are the first of their kind in the UK.
The garments come to life with interactive sound effects thanks to the Zapper app, which can be downloaded to smart phones or a tablet device which customers then hold over the image on the T-shirt.
The range includes a monkey drummer or an air-guitar soundtrack as well as interactive games such as ‘Mars Attack' and ‘Alien Burst'.
"George is known for innovation so when we saw these tees we just knew we had to bring them to our customers," said Jonathan Tillery, head of menswear and boy's wear buying at George.
"We're first to the UK market with the Zappar tees and we're expecting them to fly out of the door as soon as they launch. They come in a range of fun graphics and really do come to life - customers can even play games on them."
The augmented reality T-shirts are available for GBP6 (US$9.42) at George stores and online.
UK retailer Sainsbury's has dismissed reports its chief executive Justin King could step down from his role in February....
Year-on-year sales growth at UK clothing retailers picked up in the first two weeks of December, according to figures released today (19 December) by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI)....
Supermarket retailer Asda says it has been able to win over market share as it reported slightly higher third-quarter sales....
Three organisations are calling on UK fashion businesses to ensure that workers at overseas supplier companies are given a living wage to match their UK counterparts....
Supermarket fashion brand George at Asda has opened its first Middle Eastern store in Abu Dhabi through a franchise agreement with Azadea Group....
Discount fashion and homewares retailer Matalan has appointed former Asda chief executive Allan Leighton as chairman, replacing John Mills....
Asda is to open more click-and-collect locations across the UK and provide free in-store wifi at all its stores as part of its bid to tap into changing consumer habits....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details