UK: George MD Moore moves to CMO role
Taking over as GMO for Asda, Moore replaces Charles Redfield
Asda has appointed George at Asda MD Andrew Moore as chief merchandising officer for Asda and George, replacing Charles Redfield.
Asda CEO and president Andy Clarke said: "Despite the tough economic environment, the performance of his team is the envy of the fashion world.
"What's more, as we look to build a brand around our general merchandise businesses that demonstrate the same quality, style and value George is famous for, Andrew is the right person to help the General Merchandise team put those plans into action."
In addition, the supermarket retailer has appointed commercial director Barry Williams to the new role of trading director of food.
Williams, who will report Clarke, has previously worked for Musgrave, The Co-operative Group and Kwik Save. Colin Hill, Asda's seasonal category director, will replace Williams as commercial director.
Supermarket retailer Asda says it has been able to win over market share as it reported slightly higher third-quarter sales....
Three organisations are calling on UK fashion businesses to ensure that workers at overseas supplier companies are given a living wage to match their UK counterparts....
Supermarket fashion brand George at Asda has opened its first Middle Eastern store in Abu Dhabi through a franchise agreement with Azadea Group....
Discount fashion and homewares retailer Matalan has appointed former Asda chief executive Allan Leighton as chairman, replacing John Mills....
Asda is to open more click-and-collect locations across the UK and provide free in-store wifi at all its stores as part of its bid to tap into changing consumer habits....
UK retailers recorded a slight rise in sales volumes in the year to September, and expects growth will strengthen somewhat next month, according to the CBI's latest Distributive Trades Survey....
Dominic Potter, a former director of Prologic, is to head up the UK operations of fashion software specialist Momentis as it prepares to drive growth among self-sourcing apparel retailers and wholesal...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report