UK: George MD Moore moves to CMO role
Taking over as GMO for Asda, Moore replaces Charles Redfield
Asda has appointed George at Asda MD Andrew Moore as chief merchandising officer for Asda and George, replacing Charles Redfield.
Asda CEO and president Andy Clarke said: "Despite the tough economic environment, the performance of his team is the envy of the fashion world.
"What's more, as we look to build a brand around our general merchandise businesses that demonstrate the same quality, style and value George is famous for, Andrew is the right person to help the General Merchandise team put those plans into action."
In addition, the supermarket retailer has appointed commercial director Barry Williams to the new role of trading director of food.
Williams, who will report Clarke, has previously worked for Musgrave, The Co-operative Group and Kwik Save. Colin Hill, Asda's seasonal category director, will replace Williams as commercial director.
Supermarket retailer Asda says it has been able to win over market share as it reported slightly higher third-quarter sales....
Three organisations are calling on UK fashion businesses to ensure that workers at overseas supplier companies are given a living wage to match their UK counterparts....
Supermarket fashion brand George at Asda has opened its first Middle Eastern store in Abu Dhabi through a franchise agreement with Azadea Group....
Discount fashion and homewares retailer Matalan has appointed former Asda chief executive Allan Leighton as chairman, replacing John Mills....
Asda is to open more click-and-collect locations across the UK and provide free in-store wifi at all its stores as part of its bid to tap into changing consumer habits....
UK retailers recorded a slight rise in sales volumes in the year to September, and expects growth will strengthen somewhat next month, according to the CBI's latest Distributive Trades Survey....
Dominic Potter, a former director of Prologic, is to head up the UK operations of fashion software specialist Momentis as it prepares to drive growth among self-sourcing apparel retailers and wholesal...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015