UK: George MD Moore moves to CMO role
Taking over as GMO for Asda, Moore replaces Charles Redfield
Asda has appointed George at Asda MD Andrew Moore as chief merchandising officer for Asda and George, replacing Charles Redfield.
Asda CEO and president Andy Clarke said: "Despite the tough economic environment, the performance of his team is the envy of the fashion world.
"What's more, as we look to build a brand around our general merchandise businesses that demonstrate the same quality, style and value George is famous for, Andrew is the right person to help the General Merchandise team put those plans into action."
In addition, the supermarket retailer has appointed commercial director Barry Williams to the new role of trading director of food.
Williams, who will report Clarke, has previously worked for Musgrave, The Co-operative Group and Kwik Save. Colin Hill, Asda's seasonal category director, will replace Williams as commercial director.
Supermarket retailer Asda says it has been able to win over market share as it reported slightly higher third-quarter sales....
Three organisations are calling on UK fashion businesses to ensure that workers at overseas supplier companies are given a living wage to match their UK counterparts....
Supermarket fashion brand George at Asda has opened its first Middle Eastern store in Abu Dhabi through a franchise agreement with Azadea Group....
Discount fashion and homewares retailer Matalan has appointed former Asda chief executive Allan Leighton as chairman, replacing John Mills....
Asda is to open more click-and-collect locations across the UK and provide free in-store wifi at all its stores as part of its bid to tap into changing consumer habits....
UK retailers recorded a slight rise in sales volumes in the year to September, and expects growth will strengthen somewhat next month, according to the CBI's latest Distributive Trades Survey....
Dominic Potter, a former director of Prologic, is to head up the UK operations of fashion software specialist Momentis as it prepares to drive growth among self-sourcing apparel retailers and wholesal...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects