UAE: George opens first store in Middle East
Supermarket fashion brand George at Asda has opened its first Middle Eastern store in Abu Dhabi through a franchise agreement with Azadea Group.
The 5,000 sq ft store in the Al Wahda Mall will offer men's wear, women's wear and clothing for children.
Chief merchandising officer for George and general merchandise Andrew Moore said the Middle East is a "growing market and represents real opportunity for George".
The move comes after Asda, which is owned by UIS retail giant Wal-Mart, agreed to explore opportunities for the George clothing brand in the Middle East and the Channel Islands with two franchise partners earlier this year.
The UK-based George at Asda clothing brand remains committed to sourcing in Bangladesh, even though at least 112 workers were killed in a factory fire last year while illegally subcontracted to produc...
British fashion retailer Primark and Canadian brand Joe Fresh have confirmed that their garments were being manufactured in one of the Bangladesh factories that collapsed on Wednesday (24 April), kill...
Wal-Mart has revealed that its efforts to turn around its apparel business is starting to gain traction after reporting its first full-year of positive comparable apparel sales in the US in seven year...
UK clothing and footwear retailers said sales continued to fall during April, according to a survey released by the Confederation of British Industry (CBI). ...
A demonstration is set to take place at Gap's headquarters in San Francisco on Thursday (25 April) to protest against garment worker conditions in Bangladesh....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019