CHINA: Geox distribution deal confirmed
Italian footwear brand Geox is poised to open more than 200 points of sale in China by 2010, confirming details of its distribution deal with Belle International.
The strategic partnership gives Hong Kong-listed Belle, the biggest footwear retailer in China, exclusive distribution of Geox products in the country.
Geox said the deal was aimed at establishing it as a leading casual footwear brand in the Chinese market, opening more than 200 points of sale, including shop-in-shops, over the next two years.
Brand awareness will be built through investment in advertising and promotion, the company added.
Geox described China as "a very attractive market with its continuous development, growing economy and increasing consumption power".
"Today is an important day for our global expansion strategies," said Geox founder and chairman Mario Moretti Polegato.
Belle International executive director Yu Ming Fang added: "There is great potential for the development of the leisure segment in the shoes market."
Marks & Spencer will open its first store in mainland China on Thursday (2 October), hoping to shore up flagging sales at home with new sales in one of the world’s fastest growing fashion markets. But...
Footwear company Geox posted a slight increase to full-year profit after registering double-digit sales increases across all sectors and regions....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020