USA: Gerber Childrenswear, Inc. Hires First Union Securities to Explore Strategic Alternatives
Gerber Childrenswear, Inc. (NYSE:GCW) today announced that it has hired First Union Securities to assist the Company in maximizing shareholder value. First Union will explore strategic alternatives for Gerber, including a possible merger or acquisition of the business. Until a definitive decision has been made on the strategic direction, the Company does not intend to make further announcements on the status or results of the process. Edward Kittredge, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "While we have a strong financial position, a widely recognized brand name, and a solid platform for growth, we are currently exploring strategic alternatives in an effort to maximize value for our shareholders." Gerber Childrenswear, Inc. is a leading marketer of infant and toddler apparel and related products, which it offers under its flagship licensed brand, Gerber, as well as the Baby Looney Tunes, Curity and Little Suzy's Zoo licensed brand names and the Onesies trademark. The Company is the leading provider of these products to volume retailers, and also distributes to mid-tier department stores and specialty retailers. In addition, Gerber Childrenswear, Inc. acquired Auburn Hosiery Mills, Inc. and Sports Socks Company (Ireland) Limited (collectively referred to as "Auburn") in December 1997. Auburn manufactures, markets and sells branded sport socks for men, women and children under licensed brand names such as Wilson, Coca-Cola, Converse and Dunlop. This press release contains statements that are forward- looking within the meaning of applicable federal securities laws and are based on Gerber Childrenswear, Inc.'s current expectations and assumptions, which are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Primary factors that could cause actual results to differ are indicated in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack