USA: Gerber FY Revenue Rises to $160.1m
The Connecticut-based company, a division of Gerber Scientific Inc, also reported a rise in full-year operating profits to $19.2m, up from $13.4m in the previous fiscal year.
According to president James Arthurs, the results represented a successful conclusion to the company's three-year turnaround strategy.
"We have improved profitability and are now on a solid path to renewed growth," he said.
"In the past 12 months Gerber Technology's sales were at the highest level in three years.
"Product sales in North America alone increased 30 per cent over last year, reinforcing our company's standing as the undeniable leader in this region with an increasing market share."
During the year, Gerber Technology launched its first locally manufactured product in China and released two new leather-cutting systems.
Companies: Gerber Technology
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Successfully making-up knitted garments involves specialist equipment at all stages of the production process, from fabric spreading to sewing. Here, Niki Tait looks at some of the tools that can help...
Niki Tait reports on CAD exhibits at China's International Sewing Machinery and Accessories Show 2005....
From 2D to 3D CAD, to made-to-measure and check and stripe cutting, choosing the appropriate technology can make a huge difference to speed, cost and quality. Niki Tait looks at how some manufacturers...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Gerber Technology has signed a worldwide strategic alliance with ecVision to develop a range of integrated solutions designed specifically for the fashion industry....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022