US: Gerber Technology launches high-speed digitising system
A new automated, high-speed pattern digitising system from Gerber Technology could mark the end of manual digitising, the company claims.
AccuScan digitises multiple patterns simultaneously and outputs AccuMark pattern pieces. The scanning technology is around 20-50% faster than manual digitising, depending on the complexity of the pieces being digitised, Gerber says.
It is also described as more accurate than manual digitising, scanning pattern board, oak-tag or paper plots at accuracies within 1.5mm.
The system automatically detects notches, grain lines, internal lines, drill holes and the part perimeter, ensuring that the patterns are digitised exactly as submitted by the pattern maker.
AccuScan may be added to an existing AccuMark workstation or installed on a standalone PC without AccuMark software.
Ron Ellis, product manager, plotter/peripherals and control systems, believes users will also experience "immediate improvements in productivity and a reduction in digitizing costs."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Gerber Technology has launched a new spreader designed for a variety of manufacturing applications....
Gerber Scientific Inc, the parent of CAD/CAM developer Gerber Technology, has bought cutting systems manufacturer Data Technology Inc in a move that will broaden its product range for the fast-growing...
CAD/CAM developer Gerber Technology has set up a new subsidiary in Vietnam to help strengthen its offer to customers in this fast-growing Asian market....
Gerber Technology has commercially launched its Taurus X Series leather cutter for high speed cutting of intricate shapes....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022