INDIA: Gerber Technology Opens SE Asia HQ In Bangalore
The new office will support the company's operations in countries such as Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and the Middle East where it offers a range of solutions from product and pattern design, grading and marker making, material spreading, handling and cutting to product data management.
According to Gerber's president James S Arthurs, the firm has installed more than $500 million of computer-aided design and manufacturing systems in over 5,000 customer operations in Asia.
India, where it has 250 customers and has been operating for the past 12 years through its agent India Industrial Garment Machines Pvt Ltd, has also been identified as an important growth market.
Companies: Gerber Technology
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Successfully making-up knitted garments involves specialist equipment at all stages of the production process, from fabric spreading to sewing. Here, Niki Tait looks at some of the tools that can help...
Niki Tait reports on CAD exhibits at China's International Sewing Machinery and Accessories Show 2005....
From 2D to 3D CAD, to made-to-measure and check and stripe cutting, choosing the appropriate technology can make a huge difference to speed, cost and quality. Niki Tait looks at how some manufacturers...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Gerber Technology has signed a worldwide strategic alliance with ecVision to develop a range of integrated solutions designed specifically for the fashion industry....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report