TURKEY: Gerber Technology Signs Up Turkpro
Gerber Technology and Turkish agent Glengo Tekstil Ticaret ve Sanayi A.S. have enlisted the support of Turkpro A.S. to act as sub-agents for the company's Product Data Management (PDM and WebPDM) software in Turkey.
Gerber Technology's WebPDM software has been designed specifically for the apparel market, acting as an electronic filing cabinet, storing all the details related to a particular product including measurement specifications, construction details, costings, photographs and design sketches.
European manager for Gerber's Information Systems Division, Marc Jaspers said: "Mr Ediz Elhadif Danon and Ms Beliz Levi, owners of the company, are well versed in the application of Information Technology, especially as it relates to the fashion industry."
"Both parties fully understand the power of WebPDM to help manage the product development process and realise that it can be of great use to apparel manufacturers of all sizes throughout Turkey," he continued.
James Arthurs, vice president of Gerber Technology's International Division said: "Gerber and Glengo have a very solid 15 year history and we hope to extend this relationship to include Turkpro."
"With exports valued at approximately $7bn, Turkey is the second largest apparel supplier in the European Union and the seventh largest apparel supplier to the world. These data management products will help them become even more dominant global players," he added.
Companies: Gerber Technology
Successfully making-up knitted garments involves specialist equipment at all stages of the production process, from fabric spreading to sewing. Here, Niki Tait looks at some of the tools that can help...
Niki Tait reports on CAD exhibits at China's International Sewing Machinery and Accessories Show 2005....
From 2D to 3D CAD, to made-to-measure and check and stripe cutting, choosing the appropriate technology can make a huge difference to speed, cost and quality. Niki Tait looks at how some manufacturers...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Gerber Technology has signed a worldwide strategic alliance with ecVision to develop a range of integrated solutions designed specifically for the fashion industry....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020