US: Gerber Technology unveils latest GerberCutter
Gerber Technology has introduced a wide version of its GerberCutter GtxL, which is designed to cut technical textiles and knitwear as wide as 2.2m.
The hardware and software systems supplier said the wide model will save money and allow manufacturers flexibility in the cutting room, the company said.
The GerberCutter GtxL Wide is a low-ply conveyorised system, which can cut up to 2.5cm of compressed material. It includes variable vacuum regulation to provide stability while cutting and create accurately cut parts with less energy consumption.
Ron Ellis, product manager for Gerber Technology's multi-ply cutting systems, said: "Over the past few years, the trend has been toward smaller, quick-turn orders. At the same time, manufacturers are using wider materials to maximise material utilisation and to cut full-size parts that don't require sewing.
Having spent much of the past 12 to 18 months developing offerings for both customers and staff across multiple touch points, the next challenge facing fashion brands and retailers is to connect the m...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details