US: Gerber Technology updates PLM solution
Gerber Technology has released an updated version of its product lifecycle management (PLM) solution for the apparel industry, with new tools for enhanced visibility into supply chain planning and execution.
Fashion Lifecycle Management (FLM) Workflow version 8.8, provides greater visibility for merchandisers and developers into product development, design and sourcing in the global marketplace.
The software is designed to help merchandisers connect in real-time with designers, suppliers and buyers throughout the development process.
This should help products to be created, managed, tracked and delivered efficiently and more cost effectively to the market.
Improved merchandising and product development features include a snapshot on the home page of a product line's current state, a workplace menu that links quickly to a user's most frequently-accessed areas, and a built-in reporting tool that enables users to create, filter, save and share detailed reports on all functions of the supply chain.
There is also a real-time visibility tool that provides views into functions throughout the system, and self-reporting capabilities that allow users to see the overall progression of particular tasks.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The fast-fashion revolution is changing the face of the global apparel industry, which is struggling to meet the demands of an increasingly fickle clothing consumer. Enter product lifecycle management...
Apparel maker Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation is enhancing its supply chain management capabilities with a product lifecycle management (PLM) system to support its worldwide sourcing operations....
Australian outdoor boot and clothing brand RM Williams has taken another step towards streamlining its product development process with the web-based Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system from Jus...
US fashion retailer Bon-Ton Stores is to implement product lifecycle management (PLM) and supplier relationship management (SRM) solutions across its entire private brands operations....
NGC (New Generation Computing) is poised to enter the fast-growing Indian market through a reseller agreement with local consultancy firm Technopak....
IBM has signed a multi-million dollar agreement with the Fashion Research Institute (FRI) in New York to implement a new virtual world enterprise solution that could help designers cut sample creation...
India-based children's wear manufacturer Gini and Jony has invested in the Lawson Fashion Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution to speed up its product design and development processes....
Sporting goods retailer Intersport France has selected Centric Software's Apparel Suite PLM (product lifecycle management) solution to help speed the delivery of its brand collections to stores....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective