Gerber Technology's AccuMark 10 to feature 3D capability
Gerber Technology is preparing to launch a new version of its AccuMark garment development and pattern-making tool with integrated 3D visualisation of designs and corrections.
The new AccuMark 10 will be available in the spring of 2015, and will allow designers to share 3D images and motion files, helping to boost collaboration and centralisation of data. Designers will have a real-life visualisation of designs and will be able make pattern corrections that can also be viewed in 3D.
"This technology will bring a new level of efficiency and speed to design because it fully integrates within our existing AccuMark software," says Mary McFadden, director, CAD product management at Gerber Technology.
The 3D focus was led by customer feedback, Gerber says, with accurate 3D visualisation having the potential to dramatically reduce the time involved in development and sample making.
"This is a very important development from the creative perspective," adds McFadden. "It allows designers to unleash their creativity in a real-life visualisation of designs that could previously only be imagined through 2D sketches."
The company says it is also working on future 3D applications to address requirements in garment testing, the movement of fabric and fit, merchandising and e-commerce.
"Managing data and helping our customers to gain insight quickly is becoming more and more important in the fashion industry, explains Mike Elia, CEO of Gerber Technology.
"Looking at the broad landscape and identifying ways to leverage technologies like 3D and others at different points across the supply chain will continue to be our focus in the future."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fashion software supplier Simparel has hired enterprise software veteran Glenn Funk as senior director - enterprise solutions and product strategy....
Software provider Gerber Technology is to introduce a new cutting system which it says will improve speed and accuracy for apparel manufacturers....
Gerber Technology has established a technical assistance and training programme in Mauritius, aimed at boosting the uptake of its software solutions for apparel pattern making....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar