USA: Gerber To Auction CAD/CAM Online
The company says it will post its own products for sale on the site and will act as a broker for Gerber equipment owners who want to sell their used equipment.
The structure of the site is similar to that of other online auction sites: browsing and bidding on items is free; and purchasers are responsible for shipping costs and sales tax and must submit payment prior to shipment.
John Henderson, director customer service products, sayd: "It's a great solution for those companies which have additional production capacity requirements but do not want to invest in new capital equipment.
"Many of our customers have requested our assistance in promoting and selling previously owned equipment when they purchase new equipment from Gerber or upgrade older systems. With this tool we can help our existing customers promote their products to a worldwide audience."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts