HONG KONG: Gerry Weber chooses Avery Dennison RFID solution
It will use the RFID solution in over 25m garments a year through an RFID chip imbedded in a care label, a statement said.
This solution is aimed to optimise logistics and retail processes, reduce theft and ensure stores are well stocked with popular items.
"The decision for the RFID roll out is a true milestone for our company," says Gerry Weber International AG chairman Gerhard Weber. "We invite all textile apparel suppliers to embrace the introduction of RFID to achieve significant cost savings, improved efficiency and greater transparency in retail."
- Sourcing in Africa: An alternative to Asia?
- Crystal Group eyes “mega-capacity” in Vietnam
- Sourcing in Africa: Foreign investment flows in
- Capacity building key to Myanmar momentum
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launch
- VF Corp lifts outlook despite Q1 profit fall
- TPP “will benefit” apparel and discount retailers
- Living wages briefing urges strategic approach
- Garment group reiterates labour rights commitment