HONG KONG: Gerry Weber chooses Avery Dennison RFID solution
It will use the RFID solution in over 25m garments a year through an RFID chip imbedded in a care label, a statement said.
This solution is aimed to optimise logistics and retail processes, reduce theft and ensure stores are well stocked with popular items.
"The decision for the RFID roll out is a true milestone for our company," says Gerry Weber International AG chairman Gerhard Weber. "We invite all textile apparel suppliers to embrace the introduction of RFID to achieve significant cost savings, improved efficiency and greater transparency in retail."
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Moisture Management Fabrics: Key to Wearer Comfort
- Global Apparel Markets: Product Developments and Innovations, 2nd Quarter 2014