HONG KONG: Gerry Weber chooses Avery Dennison RFID solution
It will use the RFID solution in over 25m garments a year through an RFID chip imbedded in a care label, a statement said.
This solution is aimed to optimise logistics and retail processes, reduce theft and ensure stores are well stocked with popular items.
"The decision for the RFID roll out is a true milestone for our company," says Gerry Weber International AG chairman Gerhard Weber. "We invite all textile apparel suppliers to embrace the introduction of RFID to achieve significant cost savings, improved efficiency and greater transparency in retail."
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Clothing and cotton still on child labour list
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields