HONG KONG: Gerry Weber chooses Avery Dennison RFID solution
It will use the RFID solution in over 25m garments a year through an RFID chip imbedded in a care label, a statement said.
This solution is aimed to optimise logistics and retail processes, reduce theft and ensure stores are well stocked with popular items.
"The decision for the RFID roll out is a true milestone for our company," says Gerry Weber International AG chairman Gerhard Weber. "We invite all textile apparel suppliers to embrace the introduction of RFID to achieve significant cost savings, improved efficiency and greater transparency in retail."
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders