GERMANY: Gerry Weber continues international expansion
Gerry Weber is continuing its international expansion
Women’s apparel retailer Gerry Weber is continuing the company’s international expansion, opening new stores in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Sweden.
The company opened its first stores in Poland in October 2011, and is planning another House of Gerry Weber outlet for Gdynia, near Gdansk, which will take its total number of stores in the country to 17.
Five more stores are due to follow in the next year, with the company seeing potential for a total of 25 stores in the country.
Gerry Weber will enter the Czech market in December with a new store at EKZ Novy Smichov Center in Prague, and intends to open a further two stores before the end of fiscal 2013/14.
Meanwhile, the retailer is planning its first store in Bratislava, Slovakia, in the coming months.
Gerry Weber’s first store in Scandinavia is due to open in Malmö, Sweden, in the first half of fiscal 2013/14, with two stores in Stockholm due to open shortly afterwards.
The company has also launched its Polish online store, bringing to five the total number of e-commerce sites, covering Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Poland.
More online shops are currently being planned to support the company’s retail activities.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
Weather-related market difficulties sent full-year net profit down by 10% at German fashion house Gerry Weber International, but the company is set to continue its international expansion....
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Responsive supply chain key to Gap's growth plans
- String traceability tool goes back to basics
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Adidas supplier factory strike enters second week
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy