GERMANY: Gerry Weber continues international expansion
Gerry Weber is continuing its international expansion
Women’s apparel retailer Gerry Weber is continuing the company’s international expansion, opening new stores in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Sweden.
The company opened its first stores in Poland in October 2011, and is planning another House of Gerry Weber outlet for Gdynia, near Gdansk, which will take its total number of stores in the country to 17.
Five more stores are due to follow in the next year, with the company seeing potential for a total of 25 stores in the country.
Gerry Weber will enter the Czech market in December with a new store at EKZ Novy Smichov Center in Prague, and intends to open a further two stores before the end of fiscal 2013/14.
Meanwhile, the retailer is planning its first store in Bratislava, Slovakia, in the coming months.
Gerry Weber’s first store in Scandinavia is due to open in Malmö, Sweden, in the first half of fiscal 2013/14, with two stores in Stockholm due to open shortly afterwards.
The company has also launched its Polish online store, bringing to five the total number of e-commerce sites, covering Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Poland.
More online shops are currently being planned to support the company’s retail activities.
Weather-related market difficulties sent full-year net profit down by 10% at German fashion house Gerry Weber International, but the company is set to continue its international expansion....
German women's wear retailer Gerry Weber has said it expects full-year sales to be in line with its previously revised guidance, forecasting growth of 6.2%....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis