GERMANY: Gerry Weber forecasts full-year sales rise
German women's wear retailer Gerry Weber has said it expects full-year sales to be in line with its previously revised guidance, forecasting growth of 6.2%.
The company today (30 January) said it expects full-year sales revenues to reach EUR852m (US$1.2m), up from EUR802.3m in the same period of the prior year.
Gerry Weber attributed the forecasted growth to the expansion of its own retail activities and new sales space in Germany and abroad.
Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT), however, is expected to fall 8.7% to EUR105.8m, from EUR115.9m in the previous year, after unfavourable weather resulted in lower footfall at city centre stores in Central Europe.
For the fiscal year 2013/14, Gerry Weber said it expects sales revenues to increase 5.6% to EUR900m, and EBIT to reach least EUR120m.
German fashion house Gerry Weber International is to name managing board member Ralf Weber, son of founder Gerhard Weber, as the company's new CEO....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields