GERMANY: Gerry Weber forecasts full-year sales rise
German women's wear retailer Gerry Weber has said it expects full-year sales to be in line with its previously revised guidance, forecasting growth of 6.2%.
The company today (30 January) said it expects full-year sales revenues to reach EUR852m (US$1.2m), up from EUR802.3m in the same period of the prior year.
Gerry Weber attributed the forecasted growth to the expansion of its own retail activities and new sales space in Germany and abroad.
Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT), however, is expected to fall 8.7% to EUR105.8m, from EUR115.9m in the previous year, after unfavourable weather resulted in lower footfall at city centre stores in Central Europe.
For the fiscal year 2013/14, Gerry Weber said it expects sales revenues to increase 5.6% to EUR900m, and EBIT to reach least EUR120m.
German fashion house Gerry Weber International is to name managing board member Ralf Weber, son of founder Gerhard Weber, as the company's new CEO....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide