GERMANY: Gerry Weber forecasts full-year sales rise
German women's wear retailer Gerry Weber has said it expects full-year sales to be in line with its previously revised guidance, forecasting growth of 6.2%.
The company today (30 January) said it expects full-year sales revenues to reach EUR852m (US$1.2m), up from EUR802.3m in the same period of the prior year.
Gerry Weber attributed the forecasted growth to the expansion of its own retail activities and new sales space in Germany and abroad.
Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT), however, is expected to fall 8.7% to EUR105.8m, from EUR115.9m in the previous year, after unfavourable weather resulted in lower footfall at city centre stores in Central Europe.
For the fiscal year 2013/14, Gerry Weber said it expects sales revenues to increase 5.6% to EUR900m, and EBIT to reach least EUR120m.
German fashion house Gerry Weber International is to name managing board member Ralf Weber, son of founder Gerhard Weber, as the company's new CEO....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020