GERMANY: Gerry Weber forecasts full-year sales rise
German women's wear retailer Gerry Weber has said it expects full-year sales to be in line with its previously revised guidance, forecasting growth of 6.2%.
The company today (30 January) said it expects full-year sales revenues to reach EUR852m (US$1.2m), up from EUR802.3m in the same period of the prior year.
Gerry Weber attributed the forecasted growth to the expansion of its own retail activities and new sales space in Germany and abroad.
Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT), however, is expected to fall 8.7% to EUR105.8m, from EUR115.9m in the previous year, after unfavourable weather resulted in lower footfall at city centre stores in Central Europe.
For the fiscal year 2013/14, Gerry Weber said it expects sales revenues to increase 5.6% to EUR900m, and EBIT to reach least EUR120m.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
Weather-related market difficulties sent full-year net profit down by 10% at German fashion house Gerry Weber International, but the company is set to continue its international expansion....
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects