GERMANY: Gerry Weber forecasts full-year sales rise
German women's wear retailer Gerry Weber has said it expects full-year sales to be in line with its previously revised guidance, forecasting growth of 6.2%.
The company today (30 January) said it expects full-year sales revenues to reach EUR852m (US$1.2m), up from EUR802.3m in the same period of the prior year.
Gerry Weber attributed the forecasted growth to the expansion of its own retail activities and new sales space in Germany and abroad.
Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT), however, is expected to fall 8.7% to EUR105.8m, from EUR115.9m in the previous year, after unfavourable weather resulted in lower footfall at city centre stores in Central Europe.
For the fiscal year 2013/14, Gerry Weber said it expects sales revenues to increase 5.6% to EUR900m, and EBIT to reach least EUR120m.
German fashion house Gerry Weber International is to name managing board member Ralf Weber, son of founder Gerhard Weber, as the company's new CEO....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange