GERMANY: Gerry Weber FY profit dips on “difficult” market
- FY net profit down 10% to EUR71m
- Revenues rise 6.2% to EUR852m
- Retail revenues surge 21.4% to EUR363.7m
Weather-related market difficulties sent full-year net profit down by 10% at German fashion house Gerry Weber International, but the company is set to continue its international expansion.
Confirming a 6.2% revenue rise in the 2012/13 financial year, Gerry Weber highlighted a surge in retail sales, boosted by the opening of 68 new stores and 47 new concessions, plus a 16.5% rise in e-commerce sales.
Meanwhile, gross margin was 53.7%, slightly up on the previous year.
The company signalled its intention to continue to open 65-75 new stores a year in the coming years, with a particular focus on overseas markets.
It expects 2013/14 revenues to reach EUR900m, with EBIT rising to EUR120m.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide