GERMANY: Gerry Weber FY profit dips on “difficult” market
- FY net profit down 10% to EUR71m
- Revenues rise 6.2% to EUR852m
- Retail revenues surge 21.4% to EUR363.7m
Weather-related market difficulties sent full-year net profit down by 10% at German fashion house Gerry Weber International, but the company is set to continue its international expansion.
Confirming a 6.2% revenue rise in the 2012/13 financial year, Gerry Weber highlighted a surge in retail sales, boosted by the opening of 68 new stores and 47 new concessions, plus a 16.5% rise in e-commerce sales.
Meanwhile, gross margin was 53.7%, slightly up on the previous year.
The company signalled its intention to continue to open 65-75 new stores a year in the coming years, with a particular focus on overseas markets.
It expects 2013/14 revenues to reach EUR900m, with EBIT rising to EUR120m.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
German fashion house Gerry Weber International is to name managing board member Ralf Weber, son of founder Gerhard Weber, as the company's new CEO....
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead