GERMANY: Gerry Weber FY profit dips on “difficult” market
- FY net profit down 10% to EUR71m
- Revenues rise 6.2% to EUR852m
- Retail revenues surge 21.4% to EUR363.7m
Weather-related market difficulties sent full-year net profit down by 10% at German fashion house Gerry Weber International, but the company is set to continue its international expansion.
Confirming a 6.2% revenue rise in the 2012/13 financial year, Gerry Weber highlighted a surge in retail sales, boosted by the opening of 68 new stores and 47 new concessions, plus a 16.5% rise in e-commerce sales.
Meanwhile, gross margin was 53.7%, slightly up on the previous year.
The company signalled its intention to continue to open 65-75 new stores a year in the coming years, with a particular focus on overseas markets.
It expects 2013/14 revenues to reach EUR900m, with EBIT rising to EUR120m.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
German fashion house Gerry Weber International is to name managing board member Ralf Weber, son of founder Gerhard Weber, as the company's new CEO....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020