GERMANY: Gerry Weber FY profit dips on “difficult” market
- FY net profit down 10% to EUR71m
- Revenues rise 6.2% to EUR852m
- Retail revenues surge 21.4% to EUR363.7m
Weather-related market difficulties sent full-year net profit down by 10% at German fashion house Gerry Weber International, but the company is set to continue its international expansion.
Confirming a 6.2% revenue rise in the 2012/13 financial year, Gerry Weber highlighted a surge in retail sales, boosted by the opening of 68 new stores and 47 new concessions, plus a 16.5% rise in e-commerce sales.
Meanwhile, gross margin was 53.7%, slightly up on the previous year.
The company signalled its intention to continue to open 65-75 new stores a year in the coming years, with a particular focus on overseas markets.
It expects 2013/14 revenues to reach EUR900m, with EBIT rising to EUR120m.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
German fashion house Gerry Weber International has agreed a deal to acquire eight well-established Houses of Gerry Weber and 17 multi-label stores in Norway....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP