GERMANY: Gerry Weber FY profit dips on “difficult” market
- FY net profit down 10% to EUR71m
- Revenues rise 6.2% to EUR852m
- Retail revenues surge 21.4% to EUR363.7m
Weather-related market difficulties sent full-year net profit down by 10% at German fashion house Gerry Weber International, but the company is set to continue its international expansion.
Confirming a 6.2% revenue rise in the 2012/13 financial year, Gerry Weber highlighted a surge in retail sales, boosted by the opening of 68 new stores and 47 new concessions, plus a 16.5% rise in e-commerce sales.
Meanwhile, gross margin was 53.7%, slightly up on the previous year.
The company signalled its intention to continue to open 65-75 new stores a year in the coming years, with a particular focus on overseas markets.
It expects 2013/14 revenues to reach EUR900m, with EBIT rising to EUR120m.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
German fashion house Gerry Weber International is to name managing board member Ralf Weber, son of founder Gerhard Weber, as the company's new CEO....
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years