GERMANY: Gerry Weber H1 Profit Falls To EUR7.1m
According to a spokesman for the German company, net profit lagged because of a sales decline stemming from the discontinuation of two brands.
However, pre-tax and interest earnings rose to EUR13.1m for the six-month period, up from EUR12.9m in the previous first half.
Earnings were aided by cost-cutting measures, staff cuts and a shift in production to Eastern Europe and the Far East, the spokesman said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective