GERMANY: Gerry Weber Q1 earnings edge up
- Q1 net profit reaches EUR11.6m
- EBIT margin flat at 9.6%
- Sales climb 3%
Gerry Weber reiterated its full-year sales and earnings guidance
German fashion house Gerry Weber International saw its earnings edge up in the first quarter, thanks to the firm's ongoing expansion strategy.
Net income after tax in the three month period amounted to EUR11.6m (US$16.1m) compared to EUR11.5m in the prior year quarter. At 9.6%, EBIT margin remained unchanged as a result of a shift in the firm's winter discount campaigns from the second to the first quarter.
Sales were up 3% to EUR190.4m thanks to the increased sales contribution made by the company-managed retail stores opened in the past two fiscal years as well as to a 3.2% improvement in like-for-like sales.
The company's own retail operations contributed EUR97.7m to sales. Wholesale revenues, however, declined 6.7% to EUR92.7m.
"Against the background of the positive development of the retail segment, the improvement in wholesale customers' ordering activity for the second half of our fiscal year as well as our ongoing expansion strategy, we expect both sales revenues and earnings to increase in the coming months," Gerry Weber said.
The company reiterated its full-year sales guidance of EUR900m and EBIT of "at least" EUR120m.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019