GERMANY: Gerry Weber retail growth back on track
Women's wear retailer Gerry Weber says it is back on a growth trajectory after fourth quarter sales surged 22%.
Helped by a weather-related rise in footfall and efforts to modernise its fashion collections, the company booked preliminary retail revenues of EUR104m (US$142m) during the quarter to 31 October, up from EUR85.2m the year before.
Like-for-like retail revenues were 3.1% higher than the previous year, and online sales surged 18.4%
The company attributed the rise in sales revenues to newly-opened company-managed retail stores as well as the established Houses of Gerry Weber - and said it out-performed the German fashion market as a whole.
It also said the trend continued in the first months of the new fiscal year, with like-for-like retail revenues in Germany rising by 3.5% in November and by 2.7% in December.
Back in September the company lowered its full-year outlook, blaming poor weather and the cost of opening new stores for a 10.2% decline in profit during the third quarter.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The pro...
German fashion house Gerry Weber International has agreed a deal to acquire eight well-established Houses of Gerry Weber and 17 multi-label stores in Norway....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details