GERMANY: Gerry Weber Sales Up 58 Million Euros
According to preliminary results released by German clothing maker Gerry Weber, sales for the fiscal year to 31 October rose to 395 million euros from 336.83 million euros in the previous year. Earnings before interest and taxes rose to 36 million euros from 30.1 million euros.
In a statement, the management board said that a double-digit increase in autumn/winter 2002/03 orders should ensure the Group's continued growth in the current fiscal year.
Gerry Weber also reported strong sales across all "Houses of Gerry Weber" in Germany (currently in Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen and Bielefeld). The company plans to open at least 10 of these megastores in Germany and. in the medium term, says it will increase the total number of "Houses of Gerry Weber" to 40.
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores