GERMANY: Gerry Weber Sales Up 58 Million Euros
According to preliminary results released by German clothing maker Gerry Weber, sales for the fiscal year to 31 October rose to 395 million euros from 336.83 million euros in the previous year. Earnings before interest and taxes rose to 36 million euros from 30.1 million euros.
In a statement, the management board said that a double-digit increase in autumn/winter 2002/03 orders should ensure the Group's continued growth in the current fiscal year.
Gerry Weber also reported strong sales across all "Houses of Gerry Weber" in Germany (currently in Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen and Bielefeld). The company plans to open at least 10 of these megastores in Germany and. in the medium term, says it will increase the total number of "Houses of Gerry Weber" to 40.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020