USA: Ghurka Names Designer John Bartlett Creative Director
Ghurka, the 30 year-old American luxury brand specialising in handcrafted leather goods and accessories, has appointed designer John Bartlett as its new creative director.
Reporting to Rosemary Martinek, general manager and senior vice president of ANG's Luxury Division, Bartlett will oversee all aspects of product design for Ghurka men's and women's accessories as well as the overall image of the brand, including advertising, creative collateral and retail merchandising.
Bartlett launched his eponymous label in 1992 which was sold at Bergdorf Goodman and Barneys. In the late 90s, Bartlett became the creative director of Byblos SpA, the $90 million global brand. In 1997, Bartlett received a second CFDA Award for Menswear Designer of the Year, and in 2004, Bartlett launched a new collection of tailored clothing, dress shirts, neckwear and accessories for the American working man.
Ghurka is managed by the Luxury Division of Accessory Network Group (ANG), which also holds the license for Calvin Klein's accessories.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Cash and carry chain Makro has been prosecuted for selling counterfeit Calvin Klein-branded jeans, despite an earlier out-of-court settlement with the Calvin Klein company....
Luxury label Calvin Klein is set to sign English football star David Beckham as an underwear model in a deal worth £1m, according to industry sources....
New York-based apparel company Warnaco Group has completed the acquisition of Phillips-Van Heusen's Calvin Klein subsidiary businesses in Europe and Asia....
Leading apparel maker Warnaco is to buy the companies that operate the licenses and related wholesale and retail businesses of Calvin Klein jeans and accessories in Europe and Asia for EUR240m (US$286...
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack