VIETNAM: Giant Polyester Fibre Plant Given Go-Ahead
Vietnamese officials have given the green light to Hung Nghiep Formosa#;s (HNF) ambitious plans to build a polyester fibres plant at the Nhon Trach Industrial Zone in Dong Nai Province.
The company intends to invest $241 million in the factory, including $85m on a power plant, which will have a combined capacity of 300-400 tonnes a day of polyester staple fibre and filament yarn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"