UK: Gieves & Hawkes shuffles management
Ray Clacher has been appointed as managing director
Gieves & Hawkes has revealed a series of management appointments in a bid to drive growth at the London-based tailor.
Ray Clacher, who has led the company's expansion across China in recent years, has been appointed as managing director. He assumes general management responsibility for all aspects of the business.
Jason Basmajian has been named creative director and joins the company from Italian luxury menswear brand Brioni, where he most recently served as artistic director, while Simon Baker joins as marketing director. Basmajian has previously held positions at Calvin Klein and Donna Karan.
All three appointments are effective immediately.
"After an exhaustive search we are convinced that these three men are uniquely well qualified to help take G&H forward both in the UK and internationally," said Mark Henderson, non-executive chairman of Gieves & Hawkes.
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Retailers involved in the recent Bangladesh apparel factory tragedies are being called on to attend meetings to discuss compensation for victims. ...
In the immediate future, market growth of the fashion and apparel industry is anything but transparent, with conflicting economic forecasts and regional fluctuations....
The challenges and opportunities offered by modern technology in apparel product development will be the focus of a new event taking place next month - where speakers from PVH, Deckers Outdoor, VF Int...
Fast Retailing, the owner of Japanese casual clothing brand Uniqlo, is continuing to review the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh....
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019