US: Gildan Activewear completes Anvil acquisition
Apparel company Gildan Activewear has completed the acquisition of apparel maker Anvil Holdings for US$88m.
Last month, Gildan said it plans to continue pursuing further sales growth in the printwear market, through leveraging the combined strengths of the two companies. The deal will provide Gildan with a higher market share in the US distributor channel.
Anvil Holdings, which operates primarily through its Anvil Knitwear unit, supplies basic T-shirts and sport shirts for the printwear market.
Gildan Activewear has launched an internal inquiry into the events surrounding a lawsuit filed against it by Russell Brands, part of Fruit of the Loom....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory