US: Gildan Activewear completes Anvil acquisition
Apparel company Gildan Activewear has completed the acquisition of apparel maker Anvil Holdings for US$88m.
Last month, Gildan said it plans to continue pursuing further sales growth in the printwear market, through leveraging the combined strengths of the two companies. The deal will provide Gildan with a higher market share in the US distributor channel.
Anvil Holdings, which operates primarily through its Anvil Knitwear unit, supplies basic T-shirts and sport shirts for the printwear market.
Gildan Activewear has launched an internal inquiry into the events surrounding a lawsuit filed against it by Russell Brands, part of Fruit of the Loom....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015