US: Gildan Activewear completes Anvil acquisition
Apparel company Gildan Activewear has completed the acquisition of apparel maker Anvil Holdings for US$88m.
Last month, Gildan said it plans to continue pursuing further sales growth in the printwear market, through leveraging the combined strengths of the two companies. The deal will provide Gildan with a higher market share in the US distributor channel.
Anvil Holdings, which operates primarily through its Anvil Knitwear unit, supplies basic T-shirts and sport shirts for the printwear market.
Gildan Activewear has launched an internal inquiry into the events surrounding a lawsuit filed against it by Russell Brands, part of Fruit of the Loom....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis