US: Gildan Activewear completes Anvil acquisition
Apparel company Gildan Activewear has completed the acquisition of apparel maker Anvil Holdings for US$88m.
Last month, Gildan said it plans to continue pursuing further sales growth in the printwear market, through leveraging the combined strengths of the two companies. The deal will provide Gildan with a higher market share in the US distributor channel.
Anvil Holdings, which operates primarily through its Anvil Knitwear unit, supplies basic T-shirts and sport shirts for the printwear market.
Gildan Activewear has launched an internal inquiry into the events surrounding a lawsuit filed against it by Russell Brands, part of Fruit of the Loom....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019