US: Gildan Activewear completes Anvil acquisition
Apparel company Gildan Activewear has completed the acquisition of apparel maker Anvil Holdings for US$88m.
Last month, Gildan said it plans to continue pursuing further sales growth in the printwear market, through leveraging the combined strengths of the two companies. The deal will provide Gildan with a higher market share in the US distributor channel.
Anvil Holdings, which operates primarily through its Anvil Knitwear unit, supplies basic T-shirts and sport shirts for the printwear market.
Gildan Activewear has launched an internal inquiry into the events surrounding a lawsuit filed against it by Russell Brands, part of Fruit of the Loom....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead