CANADA: Gildan Activewear Records C$27.7m Q3 Profit
Canadian clothing manufacturer Gildan Activewear was celebrating on Thursday as it reported record third quarter profit and lifted its earnings outlook for the full year and for fiscal 2003. The Montreal-based producer of basic activewear said its net income soared 71 per cent to C$27.7 million, or 94 cents a share, from C$16.2m, or 55 cents a share, in the year-ago period, with sales up almost 30 per cent to C$195.7m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores