CANADA/US: Gildan Activewear, Russell Brands settle lawsuit
The lawsuit, which was filed in the US District Court for the Western District of Kentucky in October, relates to the relabelling and resale of products under Russell Brands' Jerzees label.
When Gildan Activewear took on a contract to supply men's and boy's fleeces to a retailer, which was previously supplied by Russell Brands under the Jerzees label, it had to acquire a certain amount of inventory.
However, some of the Jerzees merchandise the company had purchased was shipped back to retail customers under the Gildan label.
"As soon as we found out that this happened, we took immediate steps to correct the situation by retrieving all of the product, which had been shipped to the retailer," a spokesperson for the company told just-style yesterday (4 March).
"In addition to taking immediate action to take the inventory back, we have also taken necessary steps to strengthen our internal control in order to ensure that such an event does not reoccur."
Gildan Activewear offered a $1m settlement "to put this matter behind us" and it was excepted by Russell Brands, the spokesperson added, but emphasised there was no admission of liability by Gildan.
Gildan’s strategy focuses on production downtime to better align inventory levels with projected sales and improve supply chain efficiency. The company is also seeking to further increase its presence...
Lower cotton costs, higher unit sales volumes, a more favourable branded product-mix, and increased supply chain and manufacturing efficiencies helped T-shirt and sock maker Gildan Activewear to a 47....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Canadian manufacturer Gildan Activewear is to acquire the assets of apparel printing firm New Buffalo Shirt Factory and its operating affiliate in Honduras for US$7m....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Apparel sales in Canada grew at a slightly weaker pace in 2012 than the previous year, yet the market is continuing to see positive sales as it recovers from the recession. However, while growth has i...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey