CANADA: Gildan Bids For Fruit Of The Loom
T-shirt company Gildan Activewear Inc was reported to have teamed up with US holding company Texas Pacific Group Inc to bid for Fruit of the Loom Ltd, the 130-year-old Chicago-based apparel group in bankruptcy protection since late 1999, the Financial Post reported. But Laurence Sellyn, Gildan's chief financial officer, refused to comment on the report. In June, analysts said it would be logical for Gildan to bid, since success would eliminate a big competitor.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"