CANADA: Gildan CEO to divest 1m shares
Gildan Activewear CEO and president Glenn Chamandy is to sell up to 1m of his shares in the company over the next 11 months under a pre-arranged share disposition plan.
But he will still remain one of the apparel maker's largest investors, with more than 6m shares - representing around 5% of outstanding shares on a fully diluted basis.
Earlier this month the Montreal-based firm recorded an 18% rise in first quarter earnings, buoyed by revenue increases in both its major operating segments. It also reiterated its full-year forecast of net sales of $2.35bn and adjusted EPS of $3.00-3.10.
Gildan’s strategy focuses on production downtime to better align inventory levels with projected sales and improve supply chain efficiency. The company is also seeking to further increase its presence...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at supply chain sustainability initiatives, comments on the challenges of integrating sustainability into fashion businesses, and new figur...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Apparel maker Gildan Activewear is to open a new textile plant at its Rio Nance complex in Honduras to bridge capacity requirements - after booking double-digit third-quarter sales gains in both its p...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report