CANADA: Gildan CEO to divest 1m shares
Gildan Activewear CEO and president Glenn Chamandy is to sell up to 1m of his shares in the company over the next 11 months under a pre-arranged share disposition plan.
But he will still remain one of the apparel maker's largest investors, with more than 6m shares - representing around 5% of outstanding shares on a fully diluted basis.
Earlier this month the Montreal-based firm recorded an 18% rise in first quarter earnings, buoyed by revenue increases in both its major operating segments. It also reiterated its full-year forecast of net sales of $2.35bn and adjusted EPS of $3.00-3.10.
A surge in foreign direct investment in the US textile industry over the past eight months is being attributed to a strong yarn-forward rule - according to campaigners who want to see the provision co...
Gildan’s strategy focuses on production downtime to better align inventory levels with projected sales and improve supply chain efficiency. The company is also seeking to further increase its presence...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
UK apparel wholesaler PAG Leisurewear is adopting NetSuite SuiteCommerce software to help grow its omni-channel business....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects