CANADA: Gildan eyes Wal-Mart sales from next year
The company will take the new collection directly to retailers. The range could include T-shirts, underwear and socks, as reported by just-style last September.
Gildan has quietly made itself Canada's biggest T-shirt maker by producing goods to be adorned with rock groups' or sporting heroes' names.
It recently set up new manufacturing bases in Honduras and the Dominican Republic and took over US-headquartered Kentucky Derby Hosiery.
A spokesperson for Gildan could not immediately be reached by just-style.
Wal-Mart Stores has promoted Raul Vazquez to president and chief executive officer of Walmart.com. He succeeds Carter Cast, who has been named to lead US business strategy for the company....
The world's largest retailer Wal-Mart has told just-style's sister site just-food that while it is watching the Russian retail market with interest, it does not currently have any plans to enter the s...
Despite an appeal lodged this week, retailer Wal-Mart will face a gender discrimination lawsuit filed against it....
In her first full day as the chief executive officer of TJX Companies, Carol Meyrowitz made a series of executive promotions....
A restructuring charge pulled Gildan Activewear's first-quarter earnings below year-ago levels, despite a surge in sales due to an acquisition in the hosiery sector....
Top UK supermarket chain Tesco has opened its first own-brand retail store in China....
Wal-Mart Stores has vowed to pay more than US$33m in back wages to thousands of employees because it paid too little in overtime, according to the US Labor Department....
John Fleming has been named chief merchandising officer of Wal-Mart Stores in a realignment of the company's merchandising functions....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack