CANADA: Gildan Q4 profit up on sales growth
T-shirt maker Gildan Activewear has reported an increased fourth-quarter profit on higher sales and a drop in raw material costs.
Gildan's quarterly profit totalled US$29.2m compared to $16.8m in the same period last year, as revenue grew 24% to $180.7m from $145.6m a year ago.
The company said full-year net earnings were $86.0m compared to $60.3m last year.
Gildan Activewear is a vertically-integrated marketer and manufacturer of branded basic apparel.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
T-shirt maker Gildan Activewear Inc yesterday (1 February) revealed a first-quarter profit of US$16.2m - nearly twice as much as year-earlier earnings of $8.4m....
T-shirt maker Gildan Activewear is to launch its own branded clothing line next year, the Montreal company's president said yesterday....
T-shirt manufacturer Gildan Activewear Inc, which has reported static second-quarter profit, has decided to postpone plans to set up a large-scale textile plant in Nicaragua to focus on its current op...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020