US: Gildan recalls thousands of sweaters
Barbados-based Gildan Activewear has recalled 114,000 youths' hooded sweatshirts with drawstrings due to a possible strangulation hazard, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
The sweatshirts, which retailed between US$13 and $20, have been found to pose a strangulation hazard to children.
The commission added that consumers should stop using recalled products immediately.
It follows CPSC's guidelines to help prevent children from strangling or getting entangled on the neck and waist by drawstrings in upper garments, such as jackets and sweatshirts, made in February 1996.
No injuries or incidents have yet been reported from wearing the fleece sweatshirts, which were sold in youth sizes extra small to extra large and manufactured in 12 different colours.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A restructuring charge pulled Gildan Activewear's first-quarter earnings below year-ago levels, despite a surge in sales due to an acquisition in the hosiery sector....
The Worker Rights Consortium (WRC), the Honduran Independent Monitoring Team (EMIH), and the Maquila Solidarity Network (MSN) have released their final update on the verification of Gildan Activewear'...
T-shirt and sweatshirt maker Gildan is to lay off 540 workers as part of an ongoing programme to move production offshore....
Gildan Activewear is to shut down two distribution centres belonging to recent acquisition Kentucky Derby Hosiery as part of a consolidation plan....
T-shirt company Gildan Activewear is set to sell own-branded goods in North America from next year and is targeting retailers such as Wal-Mart, Canadian Press reported....
T-shirt company Gildan Activewear has reported a 25.5% increase in third-quarter profit thanks to good sales and improved gross margins....
Active wear company Gildan is reducing operations and laying off workers at its textile facilities in Valleyfield near Montreal and Bombay, NY, as it increases production in Honduras and the Dominican...
Athletic socks, underwear and activewear supplier Gildan Activewear has completed the acquisition of Kentucky Derby Hosiery Co, a US hosiery manufacturer based in Hopkinsville, Kentucky....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts